Handling Storm Damaged Trees
Although they are usually seen as being solid and timeless, trees can come to be vulnerable in adverse weather conditions such as strong winds and storms. Powerful storms and strong winds have been seen to annihilate trees and uplift even the healthiest & sturdiest trees out of the soil, sending them plunging to the ground, or onto vehicles, buildings, neighbours’ gardens and power lines.
How many times soon after a storm have you heard of dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. In addition to the inconvenience & danger it additionally may cause costly repairs.
The toughest decision after a storm isn’t how to deal with the trees that are definitely down, that is pretty straightforward. The harder choice is whether any of the trees remaining upright are salvageable.
Various trees that have been partially affected in the storm might present a potential future threat and may need to be disassembled and took out to prevent putting people and property in danger in several months or even years in the future.
Other trees can be preserved by being pruned back, with their worst damaged sections being ‘amputated’ much like how an operating surgeon would remove a gangrenous leg. Others will need to get staked with guy ropes or supported with various other supports until they are able to re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree professionals can be relied upon to get rid of the affected trees quickly, safely and efficiently to allow the building crews easy access to the property to begin repairs on the damaged buildings and power cables.
Phone Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Various Sorts Of Storm Damage
Every one of these sorts of damage leads to an unique prognosis for the trees’ potential survival, however making a prognosis is a task best left to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is far more going to overlook a small detail that may separate one verdict from another, such as finding the splinters from a crown twist but overlooking the slight lean that indicates that the roots also snapped.
There are basically 6 sorts of storm damage that a tree can’t usually sustain:
- Blowovers – these are where the full tree comes down.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the ground, making the trees crown to fall or to bend strongly even though the bottom section continues to be standing normally.
- Root Failures – is where the root systems of the tree snap underneath the ground, leading to the tree pitching or swaying considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where one or more branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is where the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays standing. This takes place most typically on trees with very lopsided crowns. The full crown ultimately becomes a weathervane in a storm, turning to follow the wind in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Strikes – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays standing, at the moment. Lightening hits have a lot of additional effects like opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin and massive water loss, so a tree hit by lightening is always at a substantially increased risk to fall despite the fact that it endured the original storm.
Preserving Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree professionals will not only dispose of upended trees properly and with no additional damage to buildings, but will in addition have the ability to give practical suggestions on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, although they may have been harmed in the storm. Our highly qualified staff can review the situation on your residential or commercial property and tell you which trees have experienced a lot of damage that they’d die whether or not they were properly raised and replanted.
Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself in need of a local 24-hour emergency tree surgeon then our expert tree surgeons will definitely be on site at the very first possibility to analyse the situation and advise you of any remedial solutions available.
If we can’t fully eliminate the tree, we will at the very least restore a reasonable level of accessibility and revisit at the very first possibility to carry out a complete & safe clearing of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even suitable for any accidents like vehicle collisions. We will additionally check the surrounding trees for any unseen damages and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if needed.
Tree Removal Service York
Even on the floor, tree surgery calls for experience and technical skill, it’s a lot more complicated than simply taking a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper competence, experience and equipment, you should never try one’s hand at tree surgery. If the tree fell because of damages, there might be even more real dangers of some other failing branches. Never risk your own personal safety to remove a fallen branch, get in touch with your local York tree surgeon professionals.
For a free quotation on any type of tree services give us a call right now.